Belmont County man awaiting sentencing back in jail following overdose
BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio —
A Belmont County man awaiting sentencing is now back in jail after a weekend overdose.
Thirty-year-old Jesse James D'Amico took a plea and was awaiting sentencing on a charge he was picked up for back in September of last year.
Now, after overdosing at a home early Sunday, D'Amico is in custody again.
"The pattern itself, from the initial investigation in 2017, to being indicted in 2018, that it's continued on,” said Belmont County Sheriff Dave Lucas.
D'amico was arrested in 2017 and charged with attempting to corrupt another with drugs. Just last week, D'Amico took a plea and was waiting for sentencing in that case.
"You will be of good behavior and not violate any laws,” said Judge John Vavra.
Sunday morning, deputies were dispatched to a residence, where they found D'Amico unconscious, and not really reacting to the first dose of Narcan.
"He responded but then passed back out. Other deputies arrived, they administered the second Narcan and it was able to revive him,” Lucas said.
He was then arrested and taken back to the Belmont County Jail. He's being held without bond on bond revocation.
"He went through the proper procedure, was out on bound, but this is no different. Just because someone is out on bond, don't mean they're going to not break the law or in regard to this, not take drugs,” Lucas said.
As of right now, D'Amico is set to be back in court Aug. 20.