Last week, area Ohio high school football teams found out what division they will compete in this fall after enrollment numbers were set. Now, the regions they will compete in are set as well.
Below are the regional assignments for teams in our area as posted Wednesday online by the Ohio High School Football Coaches Association.
Area teams in Division's IV and VII will be split among two different regions.
Ohio Division III region 9
-Steubenville, Dover, New Philadelphia
Defending D3 state champ Kenston is in this region, along with programs such as Akron Buchtel, Akron East, Youngstown East and Akron St. Vincent St. Mary
Ohio Division IV region 13
- Carrollton, Indian Creek, East Liverpool, Beaver Local.
Programs such as D4 runner up Girard, Mooney, Ursuline, Poland also in region.
Ohio Division IV region 15
- Union Local, St. Clairsville, Meadowbrook, Indian Valley, Claymont, Cambridge.
Ohio Division V, Region 17
- Barnesville, Bellaire, Buckeye Local, Edison, Garaway, Harrison Central, Martins Ferry.
Defending D6 champ Kirkland is in this region.
Ohio Division VI region 21
-Buckeye Trail, Fort Frye, Southern Local, Newcomerstown, Tusky Valley.
Ohio Division VII region 25
- Steubenville Central, Toronto, Wellsville, Conotton Valley, TCC, Strasburg.
D7 State semifinalist Cuyahoga Heights among those in this region.
Ohio Division VII region 27
- Beallsville, Shadyside, Shenandoah, Bridgeport, Caldwell, Monroe Central, River