Crews contain small fire at Brooke County probation building
BROOKE COUNTY, W. Va. —
The Wellsburg Volunteer Fire department responded to call Thursday night just after 7 on Charles Street.
Nearby employees said smoke was coming out of the doors of the Brooke County Probation Department Building.
It took the department only a few minutes to put the small blaze out that began in a trashcan and spread to a small portion of the first floor.
No one was injured. The cause of the fire was determined to be cigarette butts that were thrown into the indoor trash can.